Sunday, March 4, 2012

Movie Time!

Greetings,
Yesterday Natalie and I had to take advantage of the wonderful weather we had here. So we decided what better way then to go to the movies and sit inside a dark room for a couple of hours! Well in truth we did walk to the movie theater so it wasn't all bad ;) After watching the Oscars both Nat and I were hankering to see the winner for best picture, "The Artist". All in all it was a very enjoyable movie and definitely worth the price of admission. The plot may be a little simplistic but some of the greatest movies of all time have had simple plots. I immediately saw why "The Artist" won so many Oscars. The acting, the cinematography, the casting, the setting,  and especially the comedy made the "The Artist" into a heaping helping of good clean fun. One word of warning though. "The Artist" is a silent picture. This should be fairly obvious from the very beginning but not to some apparently. An older couple behind us remarked about 15 minutes into the show "Hey is this a silent picture?" after the quarter hour of strictly music and written words! Although it takes a few minutes to get used to the medium its well worth it. When we were watching the picture Natalie made the comment that we were the youngest couple in the theater and I must admit I think all of the other theater goers looked like they remembered the Eisenhower administration, but don't let that discourage you. It was a great film and one that I would recommend seeing in the theater.

Keeping in Touch,
Thomas




2 comments:

  1. Okay, This looks really good! May be a breath of fresh air to see a silent movie! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have either of you watched the silent film, I believe it was The Joan of Arch? I enjoyed it, mostly for the new experience of watching a silent film and the things I noticed within it....I probably would have missed otherwise.

    ReplyDelete